1. Queried and queried and finally got an agent*
2. Attended a writer’s conference
3. Applied for a grant for this year (crossing fingers)**
4. Wrote about a quarter of a pretty shitty draft of my new novel***
5. Read more books than I have in a long time
Those were my novelistic goals for the year, so I’m feeling prett-y cool.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me what you did (novelistically, artistically, whatever you’re proud of) last year.
(Next up: What I learned last year.)
*As my brother said, “Hell yeah!”
**Nearly botched this when they didn’t receive a document I thought I had sent, but they were nice and let me resend.
***This is actually shy of my original goal of 100 pages, but that was crazy talk.